Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please use this platform for all non-technical chats and get in touch with the memebers of our worldwide Magnette community.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Found an old photo today

Found an old photo today 4 years 9 months ago #874

• HORTIMAN
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Richard.
Thank you for the reply.
We only owned the car for a short time, but I do have a photo, I will copy it and forward it to you in due course.
I am surprised the old girl is still in the land of the living, as someone must have done a lot of work to the car since the 1970s when we owned it.

I believe it was a ZB, I know we had several Ztypes in the 60s/70s. I must admit I used to mechanic for a guy who raced them on the stock car circuits, mind you they were classed as old scrappers in those days, not so now!! I dare not admit how much a good ZB cost me just before Christmas. I still love them.
Regards
Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Found an old photo today 4 years 9 months ago #870

Hi there, I am now the owner of MFN954 which I purchased near Plymouth last June.
She sits forlorn but beautiful in my garage at home awaiting attention for rotting door window 'seals', a stuck passenger window and some added rustproofing attention to the bottom of the doors. The mechanics are generally good (engine has a small end knock,carbs run slightly rich), the body is immaculate and the chassis rust free. The seats are in reasonable repair for their age and I am treating the leather with hide food. Headlining perfect, front and rear window seals excellent, carpetting good as is the trim.
Modifications are: MGA front disc brakes, stainless steel exhaust and fuel tank, negative earth conversion, Aldon electronic ignition - all done prior to my ownership.
All in all she is in sound shape for a sixty year old, in fact she's in better shape than my wife! (She told me to add that.)
Would appreciate any details of any mods or renovations that you might have undertaken plus any names of previous or later owners that you might know of.
All the best, Richard Jordan

Found an old photo today 4 years 10 months ago #864

• HORTIMAN
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello there.
I came across an old photo today of a ZB we owned years ago, according to DVLA it is still active, I just wondered if anyone knew of it's current location, and if it is registered with the Magnette register.Geg No - MFN 954, colour red.
Thank you
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds